Thursday, March 24, 2011

Giving Up Cheese

I tend to hear a lot of excuses about why people could never possibly go vegetarian, let alone vegan.  It's okay, you don't have go full-hearted at it...especially at first.  Those people who can go cold tofurkey are people I have a lot of respect for, but I also understand how difficult it is to change your life suddenly.  So, I advocate for any baby steps taken towards the greater cause of eradicating all animal by-products from one's life...

When it comes to cheese, giving it up altogether is the BEST way to deal with ending the addiction, in my opinion, of course.  Vegan Soapbox has a few more helpful hints, in case you're struggling with ending the addition...

Check out their tips:

Vegan Soapbox's helpful hints

As for me, I went cold cheezy sauce on the dairy cheese.  My first month of veganism - January 2009 - I focussed on ridding my diet of cheese and chocolate.  Chocolate remains my weakness...but I NEVER miss cheese...it just happens to be in a lot of vegetarian dishes that become my "only" option sometimes. (I'm getting better at politely telling people that cheese is not okay in my salad/entree/etc. ... more on Dining Out later...)  Of course, the more I make my nooch cheeze sauce for people, the less deprived they think I am for no longer indulging in such an addictive food.  That's right...once you give up an addiction, you realize how little you crave it...

Mmmmmm...gonna go make me some nooch sauce now....so yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment